Neurosurgery Forum

Chiari malformation

Could you please let me know if Respiratory failure is a risk for decompression surgery for a Chiari Malformation type 2.
Also could you let me know if patients are normally admitted to an ICU unit for monitoring for the first 24 hours and what type of monitoring is recommended both electronically and otherwise.

Clintsmum
If it is done it should be done in sitting position
no need for ICU monitoring for more than 12 hours (except if there is any complication)
the monitoring should only include the respiratory system
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease