Neurosurgery Forum

Desperate

My name is Michelle and you replied to my questions. When I posted I'm afraid with the severe migraines I didn't exactly make sense.. . What I'm left with is the last two months with nonstop severe migraines that shots nor meds even touch. Vomiting is sometimes but not all. This last year I have also have lost an incredible amount of weight without dieting. I can set down and eat a gallon of ice cream by myself and then look for something else.  . As it turns out I have hypothyroidism and I had a low potassium level. My blood was taken  and a head ct was scheduled I am told my potassium is still low but I have a cyst 5 mm on the slit of my brain but that isnt where the migraines are coming from. I also couldnt and still dont understand how hypothyroidism which is notorious for obesity could make me lose a hundred pounds in under a year and a steady 7pounds a week.. My Dr. wants me to see a neurologist.I do smoke however the migraines have extremely limited my ability to smoke. I had to withdraw from college last week per Dr and therapist request due to this health issue. I now spend my days and nights looking for an answer that evades me. Please, if there is any Dr, Specialist, or Neurologist out there that can lead me in the right direction, give me a path to pursue, or keywords to look for on the internet I would so very much appreciate it. I feel like I'm dying and I can't fight it cuz I don't know what it is. I wont even let my grown children know anything about this. I realize and do not hold whoever responds to this liable. At this point I just need to know what is taking my spirit away. Big symptom I forgot. I stay extremely tired yet I only manage to sleep at the most 2 to 4 hours per day. I just bolt right up. I started taking b-12  2,500  mg to increase my energy. No the weight loss started way before the tiredness and migraines.
please find out if you have any symptoms of what w called ''pseudotumor cerebri'', what you are describing is suggestive of that..
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease