Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

B6 toxicity

My B6 test came back 240 which is very high.  I am having all of the symptoms related to B6 toxicity. I do not take vitamin supplements and have a healthy diet.  What can cause me to have such a high b6 level if I am not taking supplements?  My doctor asked me to give him a month to figure it out but I am in pain and want some answers.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did he test your B12 and folic acid levels?  They work in conjunction with B6 and are in balance, so if those levels are low B6 will be high.  By the same token you might be able to leach out some B6 by increasing Folate and B12 levels.  I'd also get tested more than just once -- levels vary a lot from hour to hour and day to day.
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
Intersting.  I have both highly elevated B6 and B12.  I do not take supplements.  I have most of the neurological symptoms (and have seen a neurologist who tested me for the B6 issue) but I also don't take supplements.  Any ideas where it comes from?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Nutrition Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.