Aa
A
A
A
Close
Nutrition Community
2.82k Members

Depression

My Mom has been thru depression. The doctor has prescribed inderal, alprax, Tryptomer and Depsonil.
she usaully gets up with tremors as if she felt a eathquake.With this she feels heavy headed and dizzy all day.Can anybody please help me out to know why is this happening to her.
1 Responses
579258 tn?1250652943
First, I am no doctor ... but have been on Inderal in the past and do know that Inderal can cause or further depression.  If you mom is still having problems with depression, she/you may want to talk to the doctor about changing her medication ... there are other options available.  Either way, it is important to keep taking this medication until such time the doctor would work with her to change it.  Here's some information on Inderal from the Internet ...

WHAT IS INDERAL?  Inderal is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).  

Inderal is used to treat tremors, angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions.

INDERAL SIDE EFFECTS:  fast, slow, or uneven heartbeats;

feeling light-headed, fainting; feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion; swelling of your ankles or feet;fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

depression, confusion, hallucinations; or cold feeling in your hands and feet.

Perhaps a return trip to the doctor is in order to discuss these symptoms.

Best wishes,
Ranae

Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.