Nutrition Forum

Gaining weight

My daughter is just soo skinny. She is not unwell with colds ect. She is pretty active, but I just don't know what else to do. I have taken her to the Dr to be measure to make use she is on line with growth and weight. According to her chart which they hold the trend is that she is has gone taller but her weigth is about the same. I am more worried for her later on .She does have a eats the same as my 10year old who is not skinny but just right. I need any advice please. She is very conscious of changing infrom of her friends when they have swimming at school ,plus the  teacher have made comment but I just cannot seem to get anymore into her.
From the measurements you wrote, her weight is below the 5th percentile and height is on the 5th percentile for her age. Some children are small for their age due to genetics. Have you tried nutrient dense drinks, such as Pediasure or Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink? These drinks should be in place of milk for extra calories and protein. Make milkshakes with Pediasure with ice cream, and fresh fruit or frozen fruit, and then she will have additional calories, protein, and vitamins and minerals. Thank you for your question.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.