Nutrition Community

Healthy Living

Good Afternoon:  I am taking 500 mg of amoxicillin 3xs a day. I just ate half of an orange--and was wondering how long should I wait before I take another dose--or is it best not to eat an orange or drink orange juice before or after  each dose?
Hi there,
It is advisable to not drink acidic fruit juices like orange or grapefruit juice or other acidic beverages within an hour of taking amoxicillin since this may prevent the medicine from working properly. I hope you find this helpful. For additional queries it is best to seek clarification from the treating physician Do write to me again with more queries.
Best luck and regards!