Nutrition Forum

Hunger strike

dear Doctor

what are the consequences of prolonged fasting?

I haven't been eating since Sunday. only one yogurt a day. I already lost 2 kilos. I drink water and tea with a a bit of sugar.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep hunger-striking. what could happen? I have some "extra kilos", maybe I could go down even to 75  before being underweight.

what could be the immediate consequences? are there any recommendations? does fasting give heart symptoms?

thank you.
Our bodies need approximately 1200 calories a day to prevent it from having malnutrition. A prolong state of starvation will develop malnutrition (lack of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients) which will affect the heart and other body systems. The weight you lose is water-weight which we lose when we first diet and/or fast. Recommend eating healthy foods with proper servings to lose weight and stay healthy. Hoped this answered your question.
I lost 4kg in 5 days! is it normal?
thank you. circumstances have changed and I ceased the hunger-strike but I want to keep a diet the way you suggested!
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.