Nutrition Community

Juicing-Does anyone juice regularly?

A few people at my work have started juicing.  They are reporting some interesting results.

I was wondering if others here juice regularly and what benefits they themselves have seen.  I just wonder if some of the juicing websites etc are just a bunch of hype and they only want to sucker you into buying a $150 to $300 juicer that ends up being an expensive paper weight.

I'm not talking about making orange juice.  I'm talking about juicing vegetables like carrots, spinach & kale etc and all sorts of other stuff in addition to fruits, for either a meal replacement or additional supplements.

One person at work who said he's been juicing for 9 months and has not changed anything else as far as exercise etc has lost 45 lbs and says he feels better and thinking more clearly etc.  Another person also reports feeling generally better as well and has lost some weight but he also is exercising more.

Any reputable sites or information you could provide would be great to do a little more research on this juicing thing.  Is it a fad/scam or is it for real?

thanks