Aa
A
A
A
Close
Nutrition Community
2.85k Members

Juicing-Does anyone juice regularly?

A few people at my work have started juicing.  They are reporting some interesting results.

I was wondering if others here juice regularly and what benefits they themselves have seen.  I just wonder if some of the juicing websites etc are just a bunch of hype and they only want to sucker you into buying a $150 to $300 juicer that ends up being an expensive paper weight.

I'm not talking about making orange juice.  I'm talking about juicing vegetables like carrots, spinach & kale etc and all sorts of other stuff in addition to fruits, for either a meal replacement or additional supplements.

One person at work who said he's been juicing for 9 months and has not changed anything else as far as exercise etc has lost 45 lbs and says he feels better and thinking more clearly etc.  Another person also reports feeling generally better as well and has lost some weight but he also is exercising more.

Any reputable sites or information you could provide would be great to do a little more research on this juicing thing.  Is it a fad/scam or is it for real?

thanks
0 Responses
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.