MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Plz help me to loose weight by providing specific diet chart

Hello sir, my weight is 100 kg and I want to reduce approx 20 kg. So help me by providing a vegiterian balanced diet of indian origin.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Eating a vegetarian diet isn't any different than eating any other way.  You need enough protein, complex carbs for energy, and antioxidant rich foods such as colored veggies and a moderate amount of fruit.  That's a balanced diet for anyone of any origin.  Given that if you're living in India and they've been eating a vegetarian diet there for centuries, there are a host of people there you probably know who can help you.  Try to limit simple carbs such as white flour -- eat whole wheat roti or spelt if you can find it (a grain native to India that's much better for you than wheat) and avoid the white flour naan, for example.  The other side of it is to increase your output of energy, meaning exercise, from whatever you're doing now.  
Helpful - 1
I guess an example would be helpful -- a daal of any bean you like, some collard greens without adding fat, and some brown basmati rice.  If you add bread, make it roti.  Avoid the fried breads and watch your intake of coconut oil and ghee -- get your flavor from seasonings, not fat.  Peace.
Thanx sir, this is helpful

You are reading content posted in the Nutrition Community