Nutrition Community

Quick Healthy Breakfast

I'm in high school as a junior and I don't have a lot of time to get ready in the mornings. What are some healthy simple filling breakfast ideas?
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/breakfast-to-go
Sugar free peanut butter on brown/seeded bread toast;

Wheetabix with milk with fruit if you wish

Weetabix  with natural yogurt and some soft fruit of your choice (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.)

Shredded wheat with milk - add soft fruit if you wish

Porridge cooked in the microwave for around 4 mins - cooked with milk, half milk and half water, or just water with soft fruit of your choice, or dried fruit, some cinnamon if you like it.

Natural set yogurt with fresh soft fruit of your choice.

There are lots of other choices, but they may take longer to prepare.

Wheetabix and Shredded Wheat contain no sugar or salt.  You can choose other cereals, but look at the pack label for additives, sugar and salt content.

There are some ready made porridge that you can buy, but again, look at the label for the sugar and salt content.
I mainly have some green tea with a pinch of honey and weetabix.I also take a fruit to eat on my way to college to not get hungry. :)
Always keep in mind that most of the world doesn't eat "breakfast."  It's really an English idea we've picked up on.  Most people just eat the same food they eat for lunch or dinner, such as beans and grain.  So leftovers make a great quick breakfast.  In Japan they love a little miso soup with some rice and tofu.  Lots of things to choose from if you just lose the idea that "breakfast" has to include breakfast food.
You can choose to eat anything you want to eat for breakfast.

Breakfast means to breaking  the fasting period from the prior night.

Eating breakfast is the first meal of the day, usually eaten in the morning before you start your day of work.  

"Breakfast" is NOT an English idea.  People throughout the world eat breakfast.  But breakfast foods are different in which parts of the world you are.

Any foods that are eaten in the morning after sleeping is called "breakfast".

The traditional English breakfast would be sausage, egg, bacon, black pudding, tomato, toast with butter and marmalade.
In this day and age, people just eat what they fancy.

As a young girl my granny would fry me up a fresh egg before I went off to school.

I think you misunderstood me, obviously.  When I said the American idea of breakfast comes from England I meant the foods Americans think of when they think of breakfast food.  English breakfasts are notoriously unhealthful, as is the traditional American breakfast.  But nobody else in the world eats these foods for breakfast traditionally, although as they they get wealthier some are trying to emulate us.  Not to their benefit.