Nutrition Forum

Vitamin intake

I would like some advice on my vitamin intake and if it's ok to take all the vitamins I take daily. I am 57 yrs. old and have Fibromyalgia/Chronic fatigue syndrome. I am on daily medications for underactive thyroid (Eltroxin), high blood pressure (Lisinopryl), and estrogen (Premarin). I have tried numerous meds for my FMS but nothing has helped so far. I am taking the following vitamins daily:
A Multi-vitamin, 1000 mg.Vitamin C, 1000 IU Vitamin D, Calcium Citrate consisting of 200 IU of calcium and 315mg. of Vitamin D, and 1000mg.Omega 3 Fish Oil, 2-3 times/day, and 1000mg Echinacea.

Is there a problem taking these daily and should I take anything else?  Because of my FMS I'm not as active as I should be that's why I try to take various supplemants. There is a natural product for FMS called Fibrosense I am considering trying now but will take any vitamins that might help as well.
Thank you.
An intake of Vitamin D 400 IU is sufficient for your age. You should not go over that amount in supplementation. 2000 IU is the tolerable upper intake level for adults; however, you can be at risk for toxicity (weak muscles, weak bones, excessive bleeding, and kidney stones) if you also consume large amounts of fortified milk / dairy products and fish. Vitamin D is available through our foods - Fortified milk, breakfast cereals, egg yolks, fatty fish, fish oils, and the sun. Sit at a window with the sun shining in for about 1/2 hour (few times a week) and that will help you get enough Vitamin D. Suggest you find another calcium or a multivitamin supplement with less Vitamin D (or none at all) to help lower the amount of supplementation of Vitamin D. Suggest decreasing the amount of supplementation of the other vitamins and replacing them from your food sources.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.