Nutrition Community

Weight Gain and Breakouts

I've always eaten healthy but the last year or so I have really buckled down and paid very close attention to what I've been eating and of been exercising on a pretty disciplined regimen. I've gained about 10 or so pounds since I've started a stronger diet and exercise program (not muscle, my clothes are not fitting) and within the last few months my face is been breaking out really badly. I can tell something is off with my body,  and it doesn't make sense that I  have gained weight and having these symptoms and issues since I started doing boot camps about 3 days a week and getting more strict with my nutrition. Now the skin breakouts is an added frustration, almost acne-like, when I've had good skin up until now, with just occasional random breakouts.
It is not unusual to gain weight when you first change your diet. As far as the acne goes this happened to me when I stitched from a western diet to a raw food diet. In my opinion it was my body getting rid of the built up toxins in my system. After about 2 months the acne cleared up.
don't skip exercise. daily!