Nutrition Forum

Weight Loss

Hello doc
         i m 23 nd my weight is 89 KG. and i m trying to loose my weight espcially from my face. My problem is to have a gud diet nd it is due to to my routine nd i cant.. for the time being wt i m tryin to stick to is, to have whole grain with skimmed milk in the morning nd a subway wihout cheese in lunch and grilled chicken or fish in dinner. so any suggestion about this diet or other diet plan to loose weight quick..... Thanks for your help :)
If you want to lose weight, it is done by eating healthy and exercise. You need to do is increase your physical activities to 1/2 hour or more a day. That 1/2-hour or more can be broken up through the day, 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there. For example, park your car in the back of the parking lot and walk to the store. That will give you additional walking. The foods you eat should come from other the food groups multi-grains (not wheat), fruits and dairy / meat. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non meat sources (soy products), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), fat free or low fat dairy products (skim milk, 1% milk, low fat cheese, low fat yogurts, low fat soy milk/yogurt), and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eating daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Eat 3 small meals a day with small snacks between meals. Portion control is important and here some general tips = ½ cup for all starches and vegetables; one piece of fruit or ½ cup of small fruits; 1 cup for low fat dairy products, and only 3oz of low fat meat or protein substitution a meal (only 6ozs total a day). To help eat less food pre-meal, eat about 7-10 almonds, 20 minutes before lunch and dinner so you will feel full faster and not eat as much food.  Do not be discouraged, weight loss can be a slow process but the slower you loss, the higher chance it will stay off. Think of this new way of eating as your new healthy lifestyle and not as a diet. That will help you to keep your weight off, and keep your body healthy. Hoped that helped you.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.