MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Weight lose and teeth

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I had all of my teeth removed because they were in bad condition from car accident. Through my whole pregnancy I have been losing weight I've lost a total of 10 pounds And since I cannot actually chew food in till I get dentures. I have been taking my prenatals and been on ensure to get the nutrients for the baby. Does anyone have any ideas how I can start getting nutrients without actually eating solid foods or nutrient supplements?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Juice nutribullet style have some protein shakes with milk and strawberry and banana and yogurt theirs the Mexican drinkable kind add a scoop of fiber to ure veggie juice if needed flax seed etc u have to fill up in liquids as much as u can since these are ure meals I would check with ur obgyn he can tell u if ure weightloss concerns him but just let him kno ure doing everything u can and if he can recommend something if ure weightloss does concern him
Helpful - 0
Add peanut butter and oatmeal to your ensure and blend it. Bananas too. Oatmeal blends well and they all add those much needed calories.
Helpful - 0
Esure is good because all the nurtients it has..but u should try oatmeal to gain in on weight..and since u cnt eat solids try blending foods dwn just like if u were eating gerbers..
Helpful - 0
I've only lost weight in my pregnancies due to nausea.  Ensure is a good start but consider blending it with a banana or some other fruit to thicken it up and hold your appetite longer.  Another thing you should know is they don't measure the health of your pregnancy by your weight gain but by babies weight gain.  Baby will pull from you what he/she needs so much sure you are keeping up your energy levels and replenishing lost nutrients through green smoothies and yogurt.
Helpful - 0
Try eating foods that dont really need to be chewed for a start then work your way up to training your gums to 'chew' food. My mom doesnt have teeth and she can actually eat pretty much anything now except for corn on the cob for obvious reasons lol. You just gotta start with basics: potatoes, bananas, soups, pastas are usually easy to eat with no teeth, cooked veggies like carrorts peas and beans usually dont need to be chewed much either. Oatmeal is a good way to get in some fruit like strawberries and apples if they are cooked long enough to be soft. Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
Add vegetables and fruits in a blender along with the ensure that will help alor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Nutrition Community