Aa
A
A
A
Close
Nutrition Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Weight loss

Hello. I am a 30 year old female, 2 kids. In the past month or so, I have have had weight loss of about 8/9 pounds. I have not been actively trying to lose weight, but I will say I had a baby 3.5 months ago so probably should. However, the fact that it is unexplained makes me nervous. In addition to the unexplained weight loss I have had frequent bowel movements, brittle hair, have a pretty constant urge to urinate. Have random pains in places. I was diagnosed w/ postpartum axiety when i first had my son...but have been much better..not taking meds anymore. however, i do have a lot going on with working full time, a 16 mth old, a 3 mth old, job pay cuts, we are trying to sell our house to move to another. could all of this be due to anxiety, or do you think there may be a deeper issue here?!?
1 Responses
267079 tn?1195146570
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Anxiety is a stress on the body and can play a role in physical issues occurring. I suggest you go to your doctor to get checked and run blood work to treat what is occurring due to the weight loss, and frequent urinating. Meanwhile suggest eating 5-6 small meals daily and eat healthy foods with a protein source at each meal (meat, fish, dairy, or nuts). Hoped this helped you.
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.