Aa
A
A
A
Close
Nutrition Community
2.82k Members

Weight

So im a 14 year old girl.. I'm currently underweight and have been all my life (just now reaching 86 pounds). Also, im 5'2/5'3ish. I was wondering if anyone had a way I could solve this problem: I tend to over eat a lot, find myself eating when im not hungry and always eat too fast most of the time. I dont gain weight easily but I recently noticed that the weight might be going to my stomach. I wake up with a somewhat flat stomach and end the day with it flopping over my pants and poking out through my shirt. I wanted to know if anyone knows why it does that and how to keep it flat all the time. Gracias ♡
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
Eating alone will not help you gain weight. More calories must be consumed than used. Try to gain weight in a healthy way. Avoid junk food. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. You should get evaluated for increased appetite and not gaining weight. Worm infestation, thyroid disorders, anemia, chronic illnesses all can cause this. Adequate exercise like muscle-building workout such as weightlifting and strength training may help. The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you.Seek medical help. Hope it helps.
Take care and good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.