Nutrition Forum

diet for renal stones

hello dr, my sister is 27 yrs old who is diagnosed with multiple kidney stones in one kidney. And the other kidney has one stone now,(which was operated 15 years ago for previous kidney stone).now in this situation what type of treatment will be appropriate for my sister's condition? please advise me
There is really no "diet " for kidney stones. If a person takes very high doses of vitamin C, kidney stones have been known to develop. To help prevent possible kidney stones is to drink the daily-recommended fluid amounts of 8+ glasses (8oz or more) of water so your body is properly hydrated. Your sister needs to see her MD to be treated for the existing kidney stones. Best of luck.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.