Nutrition Forum

weight gain and hair loss

I have a younger brother that is 18 years old and no matter how much he eats he can't gain any weight. I'm worried that it might be a medical issue because he is also loosing his air!! He wont go to the doctor cause he doesn't have insurance and can't afford to go see the doctor. im just looking for answers cause it doesn't seem to be normal. Oh and his eating habbits are horrible, alot of fried foods and junk food. please if you can help.
                                                             Thanks,
                                                                    chris
From the stated weight/height, his weight is between the 50-75th percentile and his height is between the 90-95th percentile for his age which indicates he is normal for his age. He may not be eating enough protein. Try nutrient dense drinks 1-2 a day, either purchase them, such as Ensure or Boost, or make milkshakes - milk, ice cream, and frozen fruit blended together or yogurt smoothies - yogurt, milk, and frozen fruit blended together for additional calories, protein and nutrients to help.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.