Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

Afraid to go to doctor for OCD

Hi, could anyone help me out please. I am suffering from ocd. I recently shifted to UK. I am afraid if I go to doctor or seek medical advice, they would enter my data in computer, and label me with ocd,or they can tell my organisation where I work as I have ocd. I am afraid this might affect my career. Could anybody help me and tell me if I go to GP,would my details be confidential..?
I know in the US, your health care is strictly confidential unless you work in a field that requires disclosure (which would come from YOU and not your health care provider or insurance).  When I did a quick google search, it appears the UK also has privacy acts in place to protect you.  So, I would not worry about your employer knowing.  It's your business and good for you for getting treated.  good luck