A
A
A
Close
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
3.86k Members
232975 tn?1189755828

An OCD fear of miserable feelings?

During my life my entire OCD obsessions have revolved around fears of feelings coming back -- feelings like guilt, depression, apathy, extreme misery, etc., and with every single incident of OCD I've had in my life it's revolved around that theme. For example, when I was in sixth grade I was convinced I tried to kill myself after shaking someone's hand, then once I was over that I had intrusive thoughts for like six months "trying" to convince me that doing random thoughts was me "attempting to kill someone" or kill myself. It was rooted in the fear of the guilt coming back.

Does anyone else experience this? Is this common? I've barely heard anyone talk about this specific fear.
1 Responses
190673 tn?1259203266
Sounds like OCD powered by anxiety.
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514113133
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.