EXTREME fear of blood and STDs.

I am EXTREMELY afraid of blood. I never used to be like this but within the last year or so it had got worse. I am afraid of spreading something to people. I am even afraid when I get my period! I don't like to go out or sit on a seat in case I bleed and someone else comes along and I infect them. I am even scared to have sex in case there is a cut on me somewhere, too, or we have some disease.
It started when our neighbor fell in the driveway and my husband helped her up. She was bleeding. I went into a PANIC thinking that my husband contracted something from her; he did have a cut on his hand. We are not close with them, so I don't know if she has something or not.
Since the incident, I have worried he got Hep C, or maybe even HIV. My husband says I am over reacting and this is just my anxiety talking. I read up on both things and then started worrying I had something.  
I did an at home HIV test and got a hep C text at the doctor's when I was there and they were both negative. My husband thinks I am over reacting.
We have been together since we were 17 and he is the only person I have ever been with. He once "hooked up" with a neighborhood girl but I don't know if they had sex, started to and stopped, or what. He said he was younger and doesn't remember but that I am his first.
Am I over thinking everything? What about sitting down when I have my period? Or using public toilets? How do I get over all my blood fears??
Sounds like "contamination OCD." Look up that phrase and get help with exposure therapy from a mental health specialist in anxiety.

You are reading content posted in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community