Aa
A
A
A
Close
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
3.8k Members

Fear of catching rabies

This past summer I went to Latin America. The room I stayed in had a few rats but I slept up on a bed. I did not notice any bats in my room but I saw them around town during the night. I'm so panicked that I have rabies. My typical anxious mind taking a hold of me :(
I did not notice getting bit...but I've convinced myself a bat or rat bit me in my sleep and I did not notice because their bites are so tiny.
I can seem to worry myself sick about anything.
1 Responses
1699033 tn?1514113133
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes..that is the life of the OCD person...worrying themselves sick about anything.  

Well I'm going to tell you that you don't have rabies because you didn't get bit.  In reality I see bats flying around in my own back yard all the time and I'm not coming down with rabies.  But I know that my reassurance is only going to make you feel better for like 30 seconds and then that doubt will creep back in.  

So let me ask you this....what treatment have you had for your anxiety/OCD?  
Have an Answer?
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514113133
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.