Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

Hocd, dreams are stopping me from my recovery.

Hey I have been diagnosed with hocd and put on medication. I now know everything is just in my head and I my obsession makes my fear feels real but, I have hocd dreams every single night
Hocd dreams where I check and this morning I had a wet hocd dream I think and it really scared me will these dreams ever stop? Will I have good dreams about men again?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  So what medication are you on and when did you start taking it?  Is it prescribed by your general doc or by a psychiatrist?  Also, have you talked to a psychologist?  
Hi thank you for answering I'm taking Prozac I've been taking it for almost a week and I've been given them to me by my doctor
COMMUNITY LEADER
The medication takes a good 4 to 6 weeks to build up to a therapeutic level in your system so it may take a while before you see the thoughts truly start to dissipate.