How do i stop a compulsion/Habit?

When i was 7 i started to wrinkle my nose constantly, i felt the need to do it or i felt uncomfortable. I did this for a few years and then for some reason i began rolling my eyes upwards instead. I'm 15 and have not stopped doing this, i still feel this strong need to roll my eyes upwards every few minutes and the more i think about not doing it the stronger i feel the urge to. It seems to be worse when i'm stressed or upset and i have been trying desperately to stop doing it for years. I went to the doctors a few months ago and they told me they would refer me to a behavioural specialist or a councillor when i was 18 but didn't even give me some kind of clue of what it might be, what might be causing this or how to stop doing it. I'm pretty sure it's psychological but other then that i haven't got a clue. If anyone has any idea of what this might be, why i might be doing it or how to stop this compulsion or habit or whatever it is i would be incredibly grateful.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The doctor's have ruled out Tourette's Syndrome correct?  
I don't think they ruled anything out or at least they didn't tell me. When i went to speak to them they just told me that when i was 18 they would send me to a behavioural specialist or a councillor but until then there wasn' anything they could do. They didn't talk to me about what it could be at all, so i don't think she knew.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I see you are on socialized medicine since you live in the UK.  Very hard there to get to a psychologist for diagnosis.  Honestly, if this is bothering you this much, then I would go back to your general practitioner and tell him or her that you can't imagine living with this problem for the next three years before getting a diagnosis and some help and ask them for a referral.  I'm sure there are child psychologists they could send you to.  I'm not understanding the "wait until you are 18"

You are reading content posted in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community