Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

How do you get "diagnosed" for having anxiety/OCD?

I already know that I have anxiety OCD and (more-likely than not), trichotillomania. I'm just not sure as to what step I should take next.
I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to go to a psychiatrist for this sort of thing, but how does that even work? Can somebody that's either been through this process or is at least well informed on it pleeeaaase tell me what I should do?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there....Ideally you should see a  psychologist first because they do talk therapy, teach CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy).  Once you have a diagnosis, you and your therapist can discuss strategies for getting better.  If this includes medication, then they can refer you to a psychiatrist for that or perhaps your primary care doc can take over the medication part.