Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

I don't know what it is

So, since I was young I have imagined blades shooting out of my fingertips and feet. It's not a really big deal but it makes me uncomfortable, thus making me change the position of my feet and fingers so that if the blades where to actually come out I would not hurt anyone. Recently the feeling has gotten stronger. It makes me uncomfortable and when it occurs I can't get the uncomfortable feeling to go away unless I forget about the finger blade thingy. What is it I am experiencing?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Do you have a very active imagination other than thinking blades are going to shoot out of your fingertips and feet?  Do you find yourself playing out elaborate scenarios in your head?  
I suppose. When I'm bored and my kind just wanders I do think of scenarios in my head. It's just my imagination though.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Of course.  There is something called Maladaptive Daydreaming but really that applies to people that daydream all the time and it affects their ability to do daily things in their lives.  I have a very active imagination and I day dream as well.  I think it is okay to day dream as long as it doesn't interfere with your daily life.