Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

Obsessive thoughts of fear of going schizophrenic

Anyone else have the fear of developing schizophrenia!? My therapist and psychiatrist both said I dont and won't get it, but I'm still so anxious about it. Every noise I hear I make sure I heard it. I'm not seeing or hearing things. This fear is consuming all my time, and started after a panic attack.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm not a doctor and so if both your therapist and psychiatrist are saying you will not become schizophrenic, then I have to defer to them.  They are the experts.  Now what you need to work on is getting rid of doubt.  
How do I get over this doubt? I'm seeing my therapist once a week right now, and I'm limited what I can take medication wise, I'm nursing so I can't take anything to help with panic attacks. I just feel like I'm going in circles!
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are hopefully learning cognitive beahvioral therapy.  Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, controlled breathing when you panic, journaling.  There is a great book called Self-Coaching by Joseph Luciani which I found to be really helpful.  
Thank you JGF for the book info I believe this will help me.