Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

What would happen if I stopped body rocking?

Hi, I'm 16 and I've been body rocking for years and I'm addicted to it while listening to music, I do it for hours a day. What would happen if I tried to stop rocking?
You would stop rocking. nothing would happen, you are making yourself think that something bad would happened if you stopped, but that's not true.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree...nothing bad will happen however there is a chance that you are body rocking to alleviate stress in your life.  So may take is that if body rocking is taking over your life, then definitely try to stop and perhaps talk to your parents so that you can see a psychologist.  If you feel it isn't interfering with your everyday life...then rock on.  But I will say that "doing it for hours a day" is a bit concerning to me.