Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

anxious

ihave got injected twice recently.till then i am having several fears.i am suffering from thoughts like1.the syringe might have been replaced by hiv contaminated syringe by the nurse knowingly or unknowingly.
2.the nurse might have injected hiv virus/blood into me wantingly.
all the times i saw the nurse opening a new syringe,but the element of doubt that my syringe being replaced by a hiv contaminated syringe is killing me.
some people are saying shared/needles can cause hiv.some are saying it is impossible as the virus becomes inactive in air.some are saying hiv can be transmitted through syringes as they are airtight.
what out of these is true.what are the chances of my risk?i didnt had sex with anybody.i am from an orthodox family.this hiv fear is killing me.please help me and save my life.
COMMUNITY LEADER
HIV Anxiety is probably the number one fear that people post with on here.  

You need to separate the fact from the fiction.  You are doubting and that doubt is leading to anxiety and because of that you are now living your life in a fictional world.

No nurse is going to reuse a syringe and nurses don't purposefully inject people with HIV tainted blood.

Yes, people who share needles that are HIV positive can spread the disease.  But you are talking about people who sit in a cirlce and immeditely pass the needle to the next person.  Not something that has been sitting around that they decided to use again.  Did you know that if a person does stick themselves with an HIV infected needle, say a paramedic who has drawn blood from an HIV infected individual and then sticks themselves inadvertently, they have less than a 1 percent chance of being infected?  

You asked what are the chances of your risk.  You have absolutely no risk whatsoever.  What you do have is a bad case of HIV anxiety and if it persists then I suggest you visit a psychologist to help you learn to deal with this doubt and anxiety.  

You absolutely don't have to live your life this way.  

Take care and post again if you need anything else.  
thank you so much for your valuable reply.i have seen in internet that the hiv virus can survive for 25 days in a syringe/needle.is it true?
your thought are IRRATIONAL and need to be dealt with.  one on one therapy with a mental health professional will work wonders
COMMUNITY LEADER
Internet searches are going to give you every answer from A to Z and if you look hard enough you are going to find the one that you want to find.  HIV simply cannot survive in a syringe.  The important fact here is to realize that the nurse didn't reuse the needle and that you have absolutely no risk whatsoever of being HIV infected from this procedure.  If you can't get past this thought, then please seek out a psychologist to help you.  Take care.
are you sure that my nurse didnt inject hiv blood into me?i am asking this because i saw him loading the syringe from a black colour bottle,which is not usually used by them as the required distilled water is provided with the medicine itself.later when i asked him he said that they never used a i black colour bottle.i am worrying about this.
teak and rainlover71 from hiv prevention forum said that syringes are airtight so the hiv virus can survive in syringes.what about these comments?arent they true?
how can you say that nurses dont purposefully inject hiv tainted blood into people?tell me so that i can feel good.my worry is that the particular nurse can be a sadist whose mission is to transmit hiv to people.is it possible to transmit hiv in this way?please make me free from this worry with a brief explanation.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Why did you go into the clinic and have an injection in the first place?  I'm just trying to understand why you were there and what you were getting.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
When I look at your posts you have only posted to OCD yet you say that Teak and RainLover told you something about HIV and a syringe which BTW I don't believe either one of them gave you that answer.  Were you posting under another name?  
no i have seen the answers given by them,using search function.this is the first time for me to get into these forums.please answer these questions.
1.if a syringe/needle is used to draw blood/inject a drug into hiv infected person and used after say 2minutes for another person for drawing the blood/injecting a drug,what are his chances of getting infected?
2.what factors made you say that the nurse didnt inject hiv tainted blood into me.is it possible to transmit the disease in this way?
please give answers to these questions and save my life.i cant tolerate this anxiety any more and i am about to commit suicide.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have spoken to Teak and he would never give that answer about HIV surviving in a syringe for 25 days because it is not true.  You are obviously very desperate right now so please go to the nearest ER so that you can get treatment for your anxiety.  There are medications they can prescribe to you to help bring your anxiety levels down and help you make the appropriate appointments that you need, i.e., a psychologist.  I have had HIV anxiety before and I got past it so I know that you can too.  
jgf please answer the above two questions.