Aa
A
A
A
Close
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
3.79k Members

medication for ocd/anxiety

i am in the process of seeing if i can switch meds. i am on zoloft 75mg and have been breaking out in a rash since i started taking it in april but am just now realizing it could be the zoloft. does anyone have any experiance with this or can recommend another medicine that may work for my ocd and anxiety. my ocd is the scary thoughts and it was all caused after a major surgery i went through. it is getting better but i still have some issues.
4 Responses
Hello,

Rash is common with some OCD meds. You might want to talk to your doctor about your symptoms. I have problems with rash sometimes on my OCD meds as well, but not too much. Your doctor should be able to help.
Regards,
LLFGirl
I have to take Wellbutrin and Lexapro

They work very good.
421600 tn?1203671170
lexapro helped me a lot
I am switching from luvox 200mg to lexapro 20mg. The luvox caused weight gain, fatigue, sexual side effects. Wellbutrin I have heard makes OCD worse because it raises levels of dopamine.
Have an Answer?
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514116733
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.