Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

poked and hiv anxiety

Hi Friends,

If someone who is infected with HIV uses a syringe and i get poked (not injected) by that syringe immediately say few seconds after him on my finger or feet , am i at risk or not?

and for the purpose of transmission is it same as getting poked by a sewing pin or non hollow core needle?
3 Responses
HIV dies or becomes inactive once exposed to the elements aka weather.The bllood that would be -present on the tip of the needle is exopsed to the elements,so no risk.The only risk would be if you were INJECTED by the contents that in the AIR TIGHT SYRINGE part. And a sewing needle is not  a risk at all,so try to let it go man
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
what are you doing in the OCD community?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514113133
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.