Mum sprayed bug spray in pantry, is it safe to eat anything?

Yesterday I got home and opened the cupboard to find it smelling strongly of bug spray. We've had pantry months and I found out Mum got fed up and sprayed a few in the cupboard with bug spray. It was left there overnight and Mum cleaned the cupboard this morning (she says she threw out everything that was opened/unsealed), but I'm still wary to eat anything out of it that was in there when sprayed, no matter if it was sealed because I feel like even though she says she didn't spray AT the food, it still may have settled on packets after she sprayed the bugs above it. Is it safe to eat?
*pantry moths
Theoretically, any food that was in completely sealed packages like the sealed plastic bags, would not get contaminated.  But with the chemicals landing on the outside of the packet there is the risk of contamination once opening the packet.

Personally, I would bin the lot.  

Pantry months can be a nuisance.  But it is the larvae stage that does the damage.  

Clean the pantry out regularly.  Rotate products on the shelves so that the new products are put at the back.  If the pantry is damp, you may need to consider getting those moisture removing gels.  Store grain foods and flour in tightly sealed containers to avoid getting mites.  
Why didn't your mum get all the food out first. sounds like something my Dad would do, he sprays that horrible fly killer spray then sits in the same room with it, no windows open! me i would forgo that food, must be something else to eat in the fridge, if your really worried refer to the manufacturer for advice. In the meantime avoid if i was you. another pointer, if your family eat it and they are fine, then you wont have anything to worry about. Let them be the Guinea pigs.
That crossed my mind too :)  regarding emptying the pantry before spraying.

But then I thought that may be there could have been some bugs clinging to the packets.

LOL about the Guinea pigs :)   Brilliant idea!

Yeah no way would i eat it until i saw everyone else was ok!

Things like pasta can be rinsed, bit different with bread though!
Here is a link for your Mum!https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wikihow.com%2FGet-Rid-of-Pantry-Moths&ei=T4WTVMnmCNHe7AbRpYDwDg&usg=AFQjCNFEkEEZiciuPZncFVg2VceKzQPtKg&sig2=ubHBVOK6Rg4n2Jfxqw0FIw

Sorry that link does not work. its a wiki how guide, well worth reading.
Almost all the sprays are what are called acetacholinesterase inhibiters, and they are destroyed with a 5% solution of ordinary bleach.

Throw out all food not sealed in plastic or in cans, empty the cabinet, put on plastic gloves and use chlorox wipes over the interior surfaces surfaces

You are reading content posted in the Occupational Health & Safety Community

In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.