Occupational Health & Safety Community
210 Members
Avatar universal

Accidental Chlorine Inhalation

two days back I was trying to clean my restroom and I mixed Vinegar,Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner and Bleach and hot water. Suddenly a foul smell started and I disposed of the liquid outside. I think I have inhaled some of the chlorine gas from that reaction. ( i did not know chlorine gas will come out before mixing them).

I have some burning sensation in my right chest. I have called the poison control center next day. They told me to go to urgent care if the chest pain worsens. My chest pain seems to be decreasing, I still feel little discomfort and but it is not as bad as the first day.

Should I go to urgent care and get some prescription medicine or just let it go by itself and does anyone have any idea of long term problems with this.
1 Responses
Avatar universal

the above link discusses the long term and short term health effects of chlorine exposure. there is no antidote for chlorine exposure, so preventin is the best cure. hope the above link helps.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.