Occupational Health & Safety Community
206 Members

Needle stick while working with cadaver

I had the opportunity to participate in a cadaver lab and accidentally suffered a needle stick from a needle that was used on a partially frozen cadaver.  Is there a risk for HIV, Hep B, or Hep C infection?  The poke was in my index finger and I was wearing gloves, although I did notice a small amount of blood after I removed the gloves.  I'm not sure how long the cadaver had been deceased, nor am I aware of their infection status.  Thank you.
Occupational Health & Safety Community
206 Members
207 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.