Occupational Health & Safety Community
209 Members

Should I be concerned about spraypainting a surface in the house.

My fiancée spray painted approximately 2 feet of 1-inch PVC pipe along with a 1 sq. ft. tile - she did the spraying outside. However, after a few short minutes she brought the pipe and tile indoors to let it dry. I expressed some concerns about it drying indoors with the windows shut, but she insisted it would be fine. Naturally, I then hopped online and read all these nasty things about volatile organic compounds and other nasty chemicals contained in spray paint. I didn't notice any of the listed symptoms, but I happen to have the flu, so likely wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Should I be concerned? I'm without health insurance, but would truly appreciate a physician's assistance on this matter. Thank you.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.