Occupational Health & Safety Community
210 Members

Will I be infected with HIV when a flush splash out into my face

I am a Physician Assistant student and in flushing a cannula we thought was patent it splashed and onto my face and eyes...I don't know if it was mixed with blood because I didn't pull out blood into the syringe first before pushing in the flushI washed my face after 10minutes and on reporting to my house officer she told me that the patient was HIV which I didn't know before.the house officer said it was okay but am scared...Pls help me.is it okay?
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.