For toxicity information related to ethylene glycol, I recommend taking a look at the following link::
From the above CDC link:
"Ethylene glycol is odorless and not absorbed well through the skin or mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth). It is also not well absorbed when inhaled."
"Ethylene glycol is rapidly absorbed following ingestion, which is the predominant route of exposure. Ingestion of ethylene glycol leads to systemic toxicity beginning with CNS effects, followed by cardiopulmonary effects, and finally renal (kidney) failure."
I'd be happy to answer another question if you see other chemical names on the paint's label that you may have questions about.
In general, I would not recommend using paint that contains ethylene glycol on child or pet objects/toys.
I hope this is helpful to you.
~•~ Dr. Parks
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.