Occupational Safety & Health Forum

anxiety?depression?

about a month ago i was in the carribean. and the second week i was there i was feeling some nausea and i lost my appetite. so i was taken to a doctor and she says its a virus going around . and she then gave me meds. the meds seem to work with the nausea ,but i had no appetite and it was difficult for me to swallow. about a couple days after i took the meds i notice i was restless and i was nervous and i had tingling feeling in my spine . i couldnt stay in one spot . the person who i was staying with looked up one of the meds i was taking and one of the side affects was restlessness. so i came off that and the restlessness left. but i for some reason continue to worry for no reason. about a week later i traveled to new york and i got a little better with my nausea,after i went to emergency room and they say everything is ok with the stomach flu but i never realized the apathy or lack of interest. when the nausea got better . i then started to notice the emotional problems. i had no motivation and i couldnt experience interest in things i enjoyed. about a week after that. all of my emotions came back but i had new interest . i was a new person. things that would of made me mad before didnt anymore. then i realize that i have depersonilization. after a couple of weeks. i notice i get nervous for no reason. sometimes up to 5 times a day. everything seems hazy for some reason. its like i have panick attacks. i wake up for the past couple mornings and i feel nervous for no reason. its like my chest has butterflies in it. any idea? or recommendations?

the med that the doctor gave me was for nausea and vomiting. i dont remember the name. but i know it starts with "ch"

Based on your comments in our posting, I do not believe that the Occupational Health & Safety Forum is the best place for your questions.

I recommend that you try your posting in Family Practice or Undiagnosed Symptoms and make an appointment to see your primary care provider.

Best of luck,

-Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.