Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Red bumps

I have a problem and it started about a week ago. I got back from the bar and the next day I had these tiny red bumps on the tip of my tongue that burn consistantly, and bleed. Along the side of my toungue there are little white bumps that also appear along side my tongue. It's also making me have a sore throat that never leaves, but the pain in my throat is only on one side-the left. I need help and I am worried that I could have contracted something from making out with one of the girls at the club.
First, you should see your physician or an infectious disease specialist and request that you been screened and tested for sexually transmitted diseases.

Second, you should see a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to have your tongue and throat evaluated.  Conditions such as Primary Herpetic Gingivostomatits come to mind.  But you should be evaluated professionally.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.