I have swelling under my jaw as well as along side of it. SEVERE pain running down my neck and behind my ear. I went to the dentist 2 wks ago and was told I have an abscess. I was given an antibiotic and 2 days worth of Vicodin. I have taken all 10 days of my medicine, the swelling has gone down some...I still have a large hard lump along my jaw. The pain is still very intense. I am taking reg. strenght tylenol for pain. It does not really help. My dentist can not do a RC until mid Jan. I am afraid to wait this long and I don't know if I can take this pain much longer. I am afraid the infection will spread to the baby but I am also worried if it is safe to have a rc or better to just have an extraction? Can someone please help?