Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

swelling toungue, gums, roof of mouth canker sores

Fever swelling tongue, gums, roof of mounth, fever 100-101.3, sore throat, canker sores on tongue, roof of mouth just returned from Europe 5 days ago. What could this be? Took a strep test at quick clinic/neg.
Your symptoms are most consistent with a viral infection.  If you are still experiencing symptoms then you should seek a consultation with an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon or dentist who specializes in Oral Medicine.  
Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
I still have gotten no response on my question/symptoms
I, too, have had a slight fever, but severe pain from ulcers on my tongue and on the roof of my mouth.  The pain is from the tip of my tongue to the root, palate, throat, and even to my right ear.  An MD glanced at my mouth and said I have a few ulcers and offered only some numbing mouthwash.  I want to know why this is happening, not put a bandaid on it.  
Have you gotten information on your similar problem?  
A related discussion, Burning Tongue was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.