Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Ankle sprain not getting better..):

About 2 years ago I mildly sprained my ankle tumbling for cheerleading. Went to the after hours clinic and they said to rest it and wear a brace. It finally got better so I went back to normal activities with no problem at all. The beginning of this year the pain was coming back and I would roll my ankle very easily so we found an orthopedic. I went and they did an X-ray and nothing looked bad so he said there was a ligament on the side of my foot that was weak and I needed to do physical therapy. So I started therapy and did it for about a month and a half and it wasn't helping, in fact it was getting worse. I stopped therapy and it started to heal a little but I would still have days where it would hurt to walk on. Yesterday while at cheerleading I fell from the top of a stunt and fell on my ankle very hard. We immediately iced it and elevated it. Went to the after hours clinic, they X-rayed it and nothing showed up but it was kind of swollen and bruised so he said stay off of it for about 3 days and to find a better brace. I would really like to find out what is wrong, this has been on going for 2 1/2 years and it's very aggravating. Cheerleading is something I really enjoy and I don't want to have to wear a brace the rest of my life! I tumble twice a week and have cheerleading everyday except for saturday and Sunday so it's hard to get a break in. What should I do other than rest it?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.