Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Ice Skating

It's already about 3 years after I last dislocated my knees.  I had done knee surgery on both my knees after dislocated both the knees.  My right knee is dislocated and a surgery was done to repair a medial meniscus tear 6 years ago.  Then the following year, my left knee was also dislocated and a surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament was performed.  But during surgery, the doctors discovered that my ACL was not totally torn.  Am I fit to tryout ice skating or is it a sport that I should avoid laterally?  And what should I do to strengthen both my knees?  Thank you.
I assume when you say you dislicated your knee, you mean that you dislocated your patella (kneecap), as a complete knee dislocation is a highly traumatic event, and usually involves rupture of all the ligaments of your knee.
That said, I think there should be no real reason to avoid skating.  Start by a land training program consisting of weight work to build strength and endurance in your legs and especially your core.  A functional training program involving body weight exercises, and balance training would be great.  Work on cardio using the eliptical or the bike, I would avoid the impact of using the treadmill or excessive running.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.