This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal
Meniscus Tear
About 3.5 months ago I fell hard on my knees on concrete.  My right knee is ok but my left one still hurts. There was bruisng in the spot and discomfort.  Gradually it seemed like the knee got stiffer and more painful, now its seems to just stay about the same.  There is slight discomfort and slight pain when walking as well but no locking.  Knee is stiff when getting up from a chair and if I run the joint seems to loosen up but then for the next 3 or 4 days after gets stiffer.  Advil or Ibprophen dont work. So i went in finally and saw a doctor who said he is about 75% sure I have a medial meniscus tear because when he presses on the jointline there is pain there.  However I have a very high deductibale insurance and told him I cant get an mri or do surgery until July.  He said to not run on it for 4 weeks and see if it gets better.  It didn't seem to help very much.  So I went back and he gave me a cortisone shot.  This hasn't done anything and the shot was 2.5 weeks ago.  My question is if I wait until July which then I can get the mri and possibly surgery can I do anymore harm to it in the meantime?  The discomfort now is bearble and not to bad but I just dont want to hurt it more.  In the meantime what types of activities should I do and stay away from.  Can I bike and do hamstring curls, etc.  What types of things should i not do?  Should I not run or do squats?  I am very active but I have to wait until July so need to know if its ok to wait and if it should be ok until then.
Discussion is closed
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1