Avatar universal

Right Knee Pain

I been having a sharp pain in my Right knee when I kneel down on it.The pain is right below the knee cap on the r.side.The area also turns alittle numb to the touch.Is there something I can do to fix the problem or do I have to see a Orthopedic doctor.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
700223 tn?1318165694
Your symptoms could indicate anything from bursitis in front of the knee to a torn cartilage inside the knee. Depending on how long youve had this problem, I would try ice for twenty minutes several times a day, avoid the activities that make it hurt, and judicious use of over the counter NSAID's if you are allowed to take them. If the pain persists for more than a week to ten days, or gets worse, then I would see an orthopedist for a full evaluation.
Helpful - 1
Avatar universal
I had the knee pain on and off  for about a year.The numbing feeling just started about three months ago.I will try the ice to see how that works out.Thanks
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.