Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Very Painful Boney growth on wrist under thumb

Hi Dr. Gross,

My husband has had very bad pain in his wrist under the thumb side. Recently he has a hard lump like a round bone there. It is very painful. He delivers papers and throws them out of car window..about 300+ a day. He wears a brace that a PT friend of mine gave him which helps with the pain..only if he wears it though extremly tight. It keeps his wrist straight..has metal in the brace. Nothing seems to help..anti-inflam, ice, heat, etc. He has no health insurance to go to Dr. Any ideas what this could be and what he should do?

Thanx.

Destiny
Sorry, it sounds like he has done all the conservative "over the counter" remedies.  If he is really having that much pain, then I think he needs to see a hand specialist.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.