Orthopedics Community

14 Month Elbow pain

Hi, I wrote awhile ago, and have an update. I hope again someone can give me some advise.

I had a fall 14 months ago, an MRI 4 months later showed a full thickness tear of the collateral ligament at the lateral eplcoondyle, and extensor tendon shows partial tear.

Now, almost a year after the first MRI, I am still in a LOT OF PAIN, I have done everything, phsyio, ESWT, acupuncture, anything they have asked me to do. I have seen two surgeons and they both basically shrugged it off.
I finally got them to do a second MRI and now it shows the following.

Increased signal and thickening involving the common extensor origin at the lateral epicondyle. A central fluid collection measuring about 7mm in diameter consistent with a partial thickness tear of this conjoint tendon. Underlying lateral collateral ligament appears intact.

WHAT does this mean? Am I crazy to think that with the amount of pain I am in and that 14 months later its still showing a tear that I should think they might operate or do something a little more to fix this? The more I use that arm, the more it hurts. I have faithfully done the physio exercises given to me, but it does NOTHING but cause more pain.

Any advise??

Thank you in advance!!
Hi!
If the pain is persisting and not responding to conservative treatment of physiotherapy and rest, then yes, surgery is the only option. Since the tear is persisting, you may be given anti-inflammatory pain medications and joint strengthening exercises. If you do not respond, then yes, surgery is an option. Please discuss with an orthopedic specialist, in light of the latest MRI. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.