Orthopedics Community

21 months since microfracture survey...

I damaged my cartilage at aged 45, I was active always walking especially on holidays and had been going to the gym for 6 months (ecstatic as This helped me improved my time up one of my favourite hills!!) but I'm also overweight. It's been 21 months since my surprise microfracture surgery. I left the hospital and did everything that was asked of me, which was no weight bearing for 6 weeks. Nothing else. After six weeks I saw my surgeon who asked how was physio going? I replied with what physio? He put a big urgent physio therapy needed sign on my notes on his screen, which I'm sure he didn't expect I'd see and said someone would be in touch soon but in the meantime start walking again! I have done everything that has been asked of me, I even bought an exercise bike and used it ever night and every morning. But I live in agony. I can barely walk in a morning. I can't go for a walk. I'm now reliant on three-monthly injections which gives me some release for about six week, doesn't mean I can go for a walk but it does mean I can sight see, if there are plenty of chairs. About three weeks into my last injection i walked down a load of steps in Scarborough and since then my knee's worse. Of course after my visit to the surgeon I did lots of research on the internet and everything I looked at said I should've been given physio from the day of my surgery. Is this true? Should I have been helping the re growth with constant movement? And what now that I'd didn't? I'm also asking for advise on pain management (currently 2x500g naproxen daily), if there's is any other procedure that will benefit my knee and advice on physio.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.