Orthopedics Community

Adult Levo Scoliosis

I have suffered from back pain since an injury in 1993 and have a compressed and bulging disk in the L4-5 area as well as osteoarthritis.  I have a family history of serious Dowangers (sp) hump, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis that develops after the age of 40.  My sister's spine completely twisted from scoliosis within 2 years and had corrective surgery at age 53.   Because of all this, I have regular care,MRI's, & x-ray's.  Recently, I was diagnosed with Adult Levo Scoliosis and the onset of mild spinal stenosis (I am 50).  In comparison of prior x-rays, my doctor said this is a new development. I have developed a >15 degree curve within 2 years.  Can you shed some light as to why this happens so late in life?  I can't find any real info as to what causes the scoliosis as an adult.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.