Orthopedics Community

Broken pinky, Swelling in cast

As the title states I broke my pinky and got it cast. within the first hour of having the cast on it began to swell to the point of numbing my ring and pinky fingers. My doctor told me to raise my hand above my head and too ice it in order to keep the swelling down. I'm now only a day into having the cast the swelling won't go down. I read that the first 48-72 hours in this type of cast that it's important to keep swelling down but regardless of raising my hand or icing it it won't stop. Ive been keeping it in my sling and am seriously considering just letting it heal crooked without the cast. It seems to hurt more inside this cast then it did when i actually broke it. Im going to stick it out for another few days but if the swelling persists i feel i should get it removed. Am I just being dramatic or is this kind of constant pain and swelling normal?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.